Update: The grant application had ended on 31 December 2020.
Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) includes Laptops for SMEs
The Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) is a strategic program implemented by the government to simplify processes and enhance productivity and operational efficiencies of SMEs (small and medium enterprises) in Singapore. Under the Resilience Budget, the PSG was expanded to boost business transformation by addressing the needs of Singapore businesses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
What’s new in PSG?
- The scope of pre-approved digital solutions was widened to include those which help in implementing Covid-19’s safety measures, such as online collaboration, virtual meetings, queue management, and temperature screening. Each eligible SME can receive support for up to 3 laptops bundled with online collaboration tools (such as Zoom and Microsoft Office 365) within each package. The 2 laptop-bundled remote working solutions, pre-approved by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and Enterprise Singapore (ESG), are offered by M1 and Singtel.
- Government support increases from 70% to 80%
- Valid until 31 December 2020
Who are eligible for the PSG?
The business can apply for PSG if:
- It is registered and operating in Singapore.
- The purchase, lease or subscription of the IT solutions and equipment are to be used in Singapore.
- At least 30% of its shares are held by Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents (for selected solutions only).
- The company’s group annual sales turnover is not more than S$100 million, or the company’s group employment size is not more than 200.
Grant application will not be accepted if the business has:
- Made any payment to any party in relation to the purchase, lease or subscription of the IT solution or equipment.
- Signed any contract with any party in relation to the purchase, lease or subscription of the IT solution or equipment.
What are the laptop models and pre-approved solutions? Please complete this form and within 1 working day, we shall send you the current laptop model available as well as the latest list of other pre-approved solutions, which are regularly reviewed by the government bodies.
1. What are the laptop brands?
Due to the lack of guaranteed supply, laptop brands cannot be promised. Subject to the stock availability, the brand and model are subjected to change without prior notice. However, the minimum laptop specifications required by IMDA are guaranteed.
2. Can I purchase the laptop first without PSG approval and apply for the grant later?
No, the PSG approval number Singtel and M1 will require a grant number upon purchase. Thus, any laptop purchased before the application is not valid for the grant.
3. Can the equipment or IT solution be used for the company’s subsidiary or related party?
No. the equipment or IT solution should only be used by the applicant entity and not by a related party.
4. How to apply for the PSG laptop grant?
We can provide you with a step-by-step guide. Whatsapp us and we shall send you within 1 working day.
5. What is the processing time for applications?
Applications are processed within 4 to 6 weeks from the submission of all required information.
6. What is the annual grant cap for PSG?
Each company supported by Enterprise Singapore, ESG is subjected to an annual grant cap of S$30,000 for the solutions pre-approved by ESG, starting on 1 April and ending on 31 March of the subsequent year.
7. What happens when the grant cap is fully utilised?
Companies that have fully utilised their grant caps will not be eligible for further support within the validity period. They may apply for new solutions in the next period when the grant caps are refreshed.
Above the other existing schemes, the company can also bear the out-of-pocket expenses (up to 90%) with the one-off S$10,000 credit, under the SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit, SFEC.
SFEC scheme encourages employers to invest in enterprise transformation and the capabilities of their employees.